Business 101 – Making Strategy Work
A pragmatic and simplified approach to developing a strategy that aligns with day-to-day activity.
We are all constantly faced with an ever changing set of challenges and opportunities. Without having a formal plan or end goal in sight there is a risk that we simply allow ourselves to be buffeted by events and not create the time to determine whether or not we are heading where we really want to go.
The Strategy Cycle introduces a number of key disciplines and tools which underpins an understandable and accessible model which will drive not only the creation of the vision but allow the team to execute against that vision, thus delivering the ultimate goal as defined by you and your company.
Gary believes in a simple philosophy, THINK, PLAN, DO and each stage of his 8 step process is designed to ensure that all aspects provide a cohesive thought process, an action plan and most importantly an effective way of executing against that detailed action plan.
This model is not theoretical but a practical tool which can be used to align your business vision with daily activity.
Utilising the Strategy Cycle to enable;
- The alignment of personal goals and business goals
- Confirmation that your business core competencies match your strategic deliverables.
- The alignment of both the skills and finances to execute the strategy
- Communication to your staff to help them share your vision and become motivated to help support the business in getting there.
- The creation of a road map that can be broken down into measurable stages to execute your vision.
- The alignment of your strategy and daily tasks; STRATEGY = DAILY ACTIVITY x TIME
Take-away – an easily understood, methodical business process and a range of tools which you can apply to pragmatically deliver success as defined by you. This session allows you to build a simple blueprint for running your business.