This article looks at help and advice for business owners and senior managers accountable for running help desks and contact centres. It will also prove beneficial to those tasked with delivering help desk support.
The focus here is managing the transition from support in a break fix environment to delivering effective managed services.
Webinar – Is your help desk a profit centre or a cost centre?
We have organised the information into four distinct areas of help desk activity:
- People and Skills – Skills matrix, working hours, training, performance measurement, improving resolution times, improving response times, reducing the number of incoming calls, getting the best from the team.
- Customer communication – getting the best from automation, contact centre or call centre, FAQ and online support, reports and updates, creating and managing sales opportunities.
- Business process engineering for managed services – Managing SLAs, managing escalation, ticketing guidelines.
- Developing and integrating disparate systems – call management software, automated voice systems, integration with inventory and finance applications.
Our articles will offer a wide range of help desk specific support and advice in a number of different category options with both Gated and Members Content available. This includes:
- Help identifying the risks, challenges and pitfalls of managing growth and change.
- Known best practice from specialists within the IT sector who have experience of overcoming these challenges.
- Online Tools, templates and support services.
- Education, information and know how to help you on your journey.
There are also articles available in our Members’ Resources section.